DONATE RESOURCES OR EQUIPMENT
6 months ago
The Adopt-A-School program began in Cheyenne in 1988 as a cooperative effort between Laramie County School District 1 and the Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Education Committee. The program promotes community support for education by developing links among schools, businesses and public agencies in addition to providing expanded educational opportunities for students.
The program goals are as follows:
- To establish cooperative partnerships
- To match the resources of professionals with schools so they can collaborate successfully on specific projects identified by the schools
- To supplement classroom studies with relevant learning experiences in business, industry and government
- To help business and community leaders understand the local educational system.
Each partnership is a creative, collaborative effort. The program is
administered by schools and the LCSD1 Community Relations office. For more information or to adopt a school, please call 307-771-2192 or DOWNLOAD THIS BROCHURE.
- Employee volunteer program
- Speakers bureau
- Relating classroom subjects to career choices
- On-the-job shadowing
- Knowledge of the free enterprise system
- High tech exposition
- Classroom demonstrations
- Cultural awareness
- Special events
- Motivation programs
- Be healthy be safe programs
- Attendance motivation
- Student award programs
- Field trips
- Pen pals
- Students learn about business and government through first-hand experience.
- Educators expand their skills through special workshops, seminars and exchange of ideas.
- Businesses, government agencies and civic groups get to know their schools and have an opportunity to make a difference in the quality of education in our community.
Donate School Supplies
Collected school supplies from across the community are distributed to
more than 1,300 income-qualified students each year in Laramie County through the "Operation Back to School" program. Generous donations from individuals and organizations enable school supplies to be distributed throughout the school year to all segments of the population including elementary, junior high, high school and college-bound students.
For more information on how you or your organization can help provide school supplies to Laramie County students, please contact LCSD1 at 307-771-2192 or Needs, Inc., at 307-632-4132.
Bulk Items Needed
- Glue Sticks
- Index Cards
- Jump Drives
- Post-It Notes
- Ballpoint Pens
- Colored Pencils
- Pocket Folders
- Tabbed Dividers
- 3-Ring Notebooks
- Scissors (right & left)
- Calculator (basic, TI-84)
- Pencils (#2 & mechanical)
- Loose Leaf Paper (college)
- Composition Notebooks (wide/college)
- Markers (regular/washable) (thin/wide)
PURCHASE SURPLUS ITEMS
5 months ago
LCSD1 holds surplus furniture and equipment sales periodically for the purpose of disposing of items that are either no longer functional or are no longer needed by the various schools and departments. It is our policy to make these items available to the public before any other form of disposal is considered. Sales will be conducted at different times during the year when the volume of items warrants it. Interested parties may watch for sale notices in the Wyoming Tribune-Eagle legal notices, Trader's want ads, and this site for information on future sales. Any current offers are posted here.
The book disposal area is located at LCSD1 Warehouse Services, 316 S. Lexington Ave. in Cheyenne. The warehouse is open school days and throughout the summer Monday-Friday from 7am to 3pm. Home schoolers, churches and other schools as well as the general public are invited to visit the warehouse and look through some of the available books. Books may be taken home at no charge. Book brokers interested in purchasing used or outdated LCSD1 textbooks from may contact LCSD1 Materials Management at 307-771-2618.
GUEST INTERNET ACCESS
9 months ago
Guest Internet Access
Visitors to LCSD1 from other school districts may contact our technology service desk at 307-771-2242 to obtain temporary credentials for internet access.
Cheyenne Recreation Mill Project
8 months ago
Cheyenne Recreation Mill Project
The district accepts proposals each
year for public recreation projects, which may include facilities,
construction, programs and equipment to be funded by the LCSD1 Board of Trustees. Each
- Be accompanied by a full accounting of expenditures of funds allocated by the Board for projects funded in the current fiscal year, if any.
- Contain adequate information to permit the Board to make an informed decision concerning funding each project. The Board may require additional information concerning proposals if it reasonably determines that additional information is needed. The Board may make additional requirements concerning the contents of proposals.
- Funds will be disbursed to entities for approved public recreational projects by each fiscal year.
- The Board may receive, accept or otherwise
consider proposals from entities other than LCSD1. The total expenditure for all of said proposals
shall not exceed 15% of the annual mill levy. The Board shall not
allocate funds to non-governmental recreational organizations or
Please CLICK HERE to download an application.
WIND ENERGY METERS
4 months ago
Wind Energy Meters
LCSD1 Wind Energy Meters display current generation, historical data, weather data and equivalencies. Please click on a school or location below to see current and historical data.