DONATE RESOURCES OR EQUIPMENT
2 months ago
The Adopt-A-School program began in Cheyenne in 1988 as a cooperative effort between Laramie County School District 1 and the Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Education Committee. The program promotes community support for education by developing links among schools, businesses and public agencies in addition to providing expanded educational opportunities for students.
The program goals are as follows:
- To establish cooperative partnerships
- To match the resources of professionals with schools so they can collaborate successfully on specific projects identified by the schools
- To supplement classroom studies with relevant learning experiences in business, industry and government
- To help business and community leaders understand the local educational system.
Each partnership is a creative, collaborative effort. The program is
administered by schools and the LCSD1 Community Relations office. For more information or to adopt a school, please call 307-771-2192 or DOWNLOAD THIS BROCHURE.
- Employee volunteer program
- Speakers bureau
- Relating classroom subjects to career choices
- On-the-job shadowing
- Knowledge of the free enterprise system
- High tech exposition
- Classroom demonstrations
- Cultural awareness
- Special events
- Motivation programs
- Be healthy be safe programs
- Attendance motivation
- Student award programs
- Field trips
- Pen pals
- Students learn about business and government through first-hand experience.
- Educators expand their skills through special workshops, seminars and exchange of ideas.
- Businesses, government agencies and civic groups get to know their schools and have an opportunity to make a difference in the quality of education in our community.
Donate School Supplies
Collected school supplies from across the community are distributed to
more than 1,300 income-qualified students each year in Laramie County through the "Operation Back to School" program. Generous donations from individuals and organizations enable school supplies to be distributed throughout the school year to all segments of the population including elementary, junior high, high school and college-bound students.
For more information on how you or your organization can help provide school supplies to Laramie County students, please contact LCSD1 at 307-771-2192 or Needs, Inc., at 307-632-4132.
Bulk Items Needed
- Glue Sticks
- Index Cards
- Jump Drives
- Post-It Notes
- Ballpoint Pens
- Colored Pencils
- Pocket Folders
- Tabbed Dividers
- 3-Ring Notebooks
- Scissors (right & left)
- Calculator (basic, TI-84)
- Pencils (#2 & mechanical)
- Loose Leaf Paper (college)
- Composition Notebooks (wide/college)
- Markers (regular/washable) (thin/wide)