View and Apply for Open LCSD1 Positions
- Please click here to view open positions in our new software Frontline.
- Please click here to view the old software system School Stream to obtain your previous applicant material.
- Your application will be reviewed for current positions based upon qualifications.
- We hire food service workers, custodial workers, and bus drivers as substitutes before hiring as permanent employees.
- You must update your application once a year.
- Upon hire, we will require that you sign a release with the Department of Family Services for screening.
- Senate Enrolled Act 52 requires any employee initially hired by LCSD1 on or after July 1, 1996 to submit to fingerprinting for a Background Check with DCI (Division of Criminal Investigation).
- LCSD1 has a random/reasonable cause Drug Testing Policy in effect. For more information, please refer to Board Policies.
Substitute Teacher Application Guidelines
All Substitute teachers must have earned sixty-five (65) semester hours from a regionally or NCATE accredited institution.
- Complete the LCSD1 employment application in Frontline AND:
- Obtain a Wyoming Substitute Permit/Wyoming Certification. To obtain a Substitute Permit or a Wyoming Certification, apply at the Professional Teaching Standards Board, 1920 Thomes Ave, Suite 400, Cheyenne, WY 82001. 307-777-7291. They will require:
- Application for substitute permit/certification.
- Official transcripts from your graduating college/university.
- Wyoming History or constitution requirement (For Certification).
- Fee: $50 for fingerprinting, $50 for permit, total of $100.
- After LCSD1 receives your substitute Permit/Certification and screen applications, you will be contacted to complete the following forms:
- W-4 form.
- Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9 (Please have two (2) forms of ID - drivers license, birth certificate, passport, Social Security Card, etc.) Copy of transcripts (The substitute Office will accept a photocopy). Reference letters (If desired). Consent to Release of CPS Files.
- Substitute Permits/Certifications are issued by the Professional Teaching Standards Board and are renewable every five (5) years.
If you have any questions, please contact the LCSD1 Substitute Office at 307-771-2122.