Substitute Teacher Information
Substitute Teachers earn $117.00/day in Laramie County School District #1. There are two ways to become a Substitute Teacher for LCSD1. One way is to be a certified teacher or have the minimum of 60 college credit hours. The other way is to take advantage of the alternative training path approved by PTSB.
Substitute Teacher Guidelines
All Substitute teachers must have earned sixty (60) semester hours from a regionally or NCATE accredited institution.
- Complete the LCSD1 employment application in Frontline AND:
- Obtain a Wyoming Substitute Permit/Wyoming Certification. To obtain a Substitute Permit or a Wyoming Certification, apply at the Professional Teaching Standards Board, 1920 Thomes Ave, Suite 100, Cheyenne, WY 82001. 307-777-7291. They will require:
- Application for substitute permit/certification.
- Official transcripts from your graduating college/university.
- Wyoming History or constitution requirement (For Certification).
- Fee: $50 for fingerprinting, $50 for permit, total of $100.
- After LCSD1 receives your substitute Permit/Certification and screen applications, you will be contacted to complete the following forms:
- W-4 form.
- Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9 (Please have two (2) forms of ID - drivers license, birth certificate, passport, Social Security Card, etc.) Copy of transcripts (The substitute Office will accept a photocopy). Reference letters. Consent to Release of CPS Files.
- Substitute Permits/Certifications are issued by the Professional Teaching Standards Board and are renewable every five (5) years. If you have any questions, please contact the LCSD1 Substitute Office at 307-771-2122.