Substitute Teacher Information
Substitute Teachers Daily rate: $120.00/day - Long term rate: $261.73/day in Laramie County School District #1.
Substitute Teacher Guidelines
All Substitute teachers must have earned sixty (60) semester hours from a regionally or NCATE accredited institution.
- Complete the LCSD1 employment application in Frontline AND:
- Obtain a Wyoming Substitute Permit/Wyoming Certification. To obtain a Substitute Permit or a Wyoming Certification, apply at the Professional Teaching Standards Board, 1920 Thomes Ave, Suite 100, Cheyenne, WY 82001. 307-777-7291. They will require:
- Application for substitute permit/certification.
- Official transcripts from your graduating college/university.
- Wyoming History or constitution requirement (For Certification).
- Fee: $50 for fingerprinting, $50 for permit, total of $100 (paid to PTSB).
- After LCSD1 receives your substitute Permit/Certification and screen applications, you will be contacted to complete the following forms:
- W-4 form.
- Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9 (Please have two (2) forms of ID - drivers license, birth certificate, passport, Social Security Card, etc.) Copy of transcripts (The substitute Office will accept a photocopy). Reference letters. Consent to Release of CPS Files.
- Substitute Permits/Certifications are issued by the Professional Teaching Standards Board and are renewable every five (5) years. If you have any questions, please contact the LCSD1 Substitute Office at 307-771-2122.
ADA Compliance Errors0