Elementary Summer Academy, Parent Information Covid-19
*LCSD#1 will continue to follow the state and local health guidelines. Changes to state and local guidelines may compel adjustments to district and school plans and procedures. *
The 2020 Summer Academy’s purpose is to give students additional academic support. A focus in the areas of ELA (English Language Acquisition) and Math are the priority. Social-emotional instruction and support is also an important component of Summer Academy.
Summer Academy is intended to be held as a Tier I, “Open” or “Face-to-Face” program. However, in the event a classroom or school is closed due to a COVID-19 concern, teachers will contact parents/guardians in order to determine the most effective way to support their child during the remaining Summer Academy session. This may include physical learning activities sent home to each child along with teacher guidance and support, online learning classes, and technology-based intervention programs. Each option will include direct teacher to student contact as determined by the teacher and the parent/guardian.
LCSD#1 encourages feedback from parents and the community after reviewing the guidelines on the following pages. We look forward to working, learning, and problem solving together under these new circumstances brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
LCSD#1 is committed to the safety and well-being of our students, staff, families, and community. Although we strive to provide accurate and safe protocols, there is no guarantee an individual will not contract COVID-19. However, by working together, we will be able to support a safer learning environment for all.
2020 LCSD#1 Summer Academy
Location: At the student’s school. Some schools have partnered together to combine their Summer Academy programs.
* Please contact your building principal with any questions.
August 3, 2020 to August 14, 2020
Breakfast: 7:45 – 8:00 (Served in the Classroom)
School begins 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Lunch: Grab and go bags will be given to students at the end of the day.
Please conduct a health screening on your child every day, prior to sending them to school.
Parental Health and Screening Guideline (Wyoming Department of Health)
Daily Screening to be Conducted by Parents
Parents/Guardians are expected to check their child each day for signs and symptoms of illness before sending children to school. Students with any of the symptoms listed below must stay home.
The following can be used as a guide:
[Please note, the recognized symptoms of COVID-19 will likely continue to be refined over time. This list will be updated as necessary.]
Does your child have any of the following symptoms?
o A cough
o Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
o A fever of 100.4°F or higher or a sense of having a fever
o A sore throat
o New loss of taste or smell
o Muscle or body aches
o Congestion/running nose – not related to seasonal allergies
o Unusual fatigue
• Does anyone in your household have any of the above symptoms?
• Has your student been in close contact with anyone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
The student must be excluded from school if the answer to any of the above questions is “yes.”
If your child has any of the symptoms listed above, your child will need to stay home from school. In addition, please do the following:
- Contact the school to notify the school of the illness.
- If the student has tested positive for COVID-19, immediately inform the school so that precautionary measures can be taken.
- Follow the State Health Department Guidelines for returning to school.
Basic School Expectations and Procedures
- Parental Visitation
- Whenever possible, visitors will not be allowed within the school during the 2020 Summer Academy. If special circumstances allow parents and visitors into the school, they will be required to stay within the office area only.
- Parents who are picking up a child from school may call the office to arrange for the child to be checked out. The school may allow the parent into the office if their child needs support.
- Parental Screening of Child Prior to Going to School
- Parents are asked to screen their child each morning before sending them to school.
- See the “Parent Health and Screening Guidelines.”
- Safety and Health
- LCSD#1 Schools will follow the State Health Department and Governors Guidelines to support a safe learning environment for our students, staff, and community.
- Every effort will be made to ensure social distancing throughout the school.
- Face coverings will be required for all individuals whenever six-foot social distancing is not possible and when it is practical.
- Students and staff will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 daily.
- Students and staff will wash/sanitize their hands upon entry of the school. Students and staff will be asked to frequently wash/sanitize their hands throughout the day.
- Face Coverings
- Students will be asked to bring a face covering each day, however, will not be required to wear the face covering all day. Students and staff will be asked to wear face coverings:
i. Whenever a six-foot separation between individuals cannot be maintained. This includes any area, inside of, or outside of the building.
ii. Face coverings are recommended during any transition or passing period, outside of the classroom. Face coverings may be removed during any strenuous physical activity (e.g. during Physical Education).
- Student Behavior
- All efforts will be made to support student’s social-emotional health.
- Normal safety and health rules apply to all students.
- For safety reasons, students who purposely do not follow the school’s health and safety rules may be asked to leave Summer Academy.
- Breakfast, snack and a lunch will be provided free of charge.
- Meals will be either eaten within or delivered to the classroom.
- All staff providing meals will follow the State Health Department’s guidelines for preparation and handling of food.
- Students shall be transported by the parent/guardian to and from their child’s Summer Academy location.
If you have any questions, please contact you building Principal:
If there are any additional questions or concerns regarding Summer School, please contact LCSD1 Summer School Office at 307-771-2254 or 307-771-2187.