SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
20 days ago
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2017–2018 school year. I hope you had an opportunity to spend quality time with family and friends during a rare summer that included many rainy evenings and a total eclipse of the sun.
No doubt we will collectively face challenges as we continue to support academic and behavioral excellence during a time of diminishing resources in our state. Your voice and the voice of our community will be critical as we go through recalibration of our school funding model.
Our overall district goal statement is, “Students will achieve academic success, graduate from high school prepared for post-secondary education, be career ready and be responsible citizens.” District school action plans will be developed around student achievement, professional expectations and growth, instructional leadership, safe and orderly environment and effective and efficient use of resources. Your input and assistance in making this an achievable reality is greatly appreciated.
I look forward to a successful school year and thank you for all you do!
The mission of LCSD1, in cooperation with students, parents, staff, and the community is to guarantee a high quality education in a safe and orderly environment for all students, inspiring them to become life-long learners and responsible, productive citizens.
We are a district of learners for learners.
- We will ensure all students meet or exceed essential skill proficiency
- We will measure success based on student learning
- We will measure continuous learning for all staff and students
- We will share responsibility for each student’s learning with all stakeholders including students, parents, staff and community
Maximizing Learning Opportunities
- We will maximize learning by making data driven decisions
- ...to guide the implementation of scientifically researched best practice
- ...to guide multiple learning opportunities
- We will model what we expect from others
- We will treat all stakeholders with mutual respect and dignity
- We will develop positive relationships with every student, parent, and stakeholder
LCSD1 is the premier district "of learners for learners" in the Rocky Mountain Region where every student is successfully learning.
LCSD1 students will:
- achieve academic success
- graduate from high school
- be prepared for college and careers
- be responsible citizens
State of the District
- 2017-18 & 2018-19 Calendars
- Board of Trustees Info
- Budget & Finance
- Bus Transportation
- Cheyenne Schools Foundation
- District Policies
- District Publications
- Do Business with LCSD1
- Employee Online
- Employee Wellness
- Gifted & Talented
- Mission & Vision
- Parent/Student Handbooks
- Press Kit
- Report Card to the Community
- Safe & Drug Free Schools
- Safe2Tell Wyoming
- School Maps & Boundaries
- Senior Leadership Team
- Special Education Services
- Strategic Plan
- Student Registration
- Summer School
- Translated Forms
- Website Accessibility