about 1 year ago
View and Apply for Open LCSD1 Positions
Once you are logged into School Stream, if you haven't done so, please complete an application by selecting the "Application" menu item on the left hand side of the screen.Be sure to complete the job application that is requested for the specific job posting in which you are interested. You will not be able to apply if you have completed the incorrect application.
The job application is split into several sections so it is not necessary to complete the application all at once, as you will be able to save your progress, exit the program, and come back at anytime to complete the job application. Please be aware that you will not be able to apply to any postings until you activate your job application by clicking the "Activate" button the main application page. You can only activate your application once all the required fields in each section of the job application are complete.
Once you have activated your job application(s), it will become searchable within our database and may be evaluated for positions that you have not actively applied for, but are qualified to fill. Be sure to check the job posting you are interested in and make sure you have the same qualification listed on your own application as the posting requires or you will not be able to apply to that posting.
- Your application will be reviewed for current positions based upon qualifications.
- We hire food service workers, custodial workers, and bus drivers as substitutes before hiring as permanent employees.
- You must update your application once a year.
- Upon hire, we will require that you sign a release with the Department of Family Services for screening.
- Senate Enrolled Act 52 requires any employee initially hired by LCSD1 on or after July 1, 1996 to submit to fingerprinting for a Background Check with DCI (Division of Criminal Investigation).
- LCSD1 has a random/reasonable cause Drug Testing Policy in effect. For more information, please refer to Board Policies.
Substitute Teacher Application Guidelines
All Substitute teachers must have earned sixty-five (65) semester hours from a regionally or NCATE accredited institution.
- Complete the LCSD1 employment application in SchoolStream AND:
- Obtain a Wyoming Substitute Permit/Wyoming Certification. To obtain a Substitute Permit or a Wyoming Certification, apply at the Professional Teaching Standards Board, 1920 Thomes Ave, Suite 400, Cheyenne, WY 82001. 307-777-7291. They will require:
- Application for substitute permit/certification.
- Official transcripts from your graduating college/university.
- Wyoming History or constitution requirement (For Certification).
- Fee: $50 for fingerprinting, $50 for permit, total of $100.
- After LCSD1 receives your substitute Permit/Certification and screen applications, you will be contacted to complete the following forms:
- W-4 form.
- Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9 (Please have two (2) forms of ID - drivers license, birth certificate, passport, Social Security Card, etc.) Copy of transcripts (The substitute Office will accept a photocopy). Reference letters (If desired). Consent to Release of CPS Files.
- Substitute Permits/Certifications are issued by the Professional Teaching Standards Board and are renewable every five (5) years.
If you have any questions, please contact the LCSD1 Substitute Office at 307-771-2122.