SCHOOL HEALTH SERVICES
LCSD1 School Health Services
The purpose of this web page is to provide information about current health-related topics affecting our schools and community, and to promote the health and safety of our students. Please be sure to also refer to your Parent/Student Handbook and your school's website for specific notes and information from your school nurse. If you have any questions about student health, please contact your school nurse.
How Sick is Too Sick:
Illness Guidelines for Parents
Wyoming Immunization Requirements
“(a) These regulations shall apply to all pupils attending, full or part time, any public or private school or child caring facility. (b) No School Administrator or Child Caring Facility Administrator shall retain any pupil thirty (30) days after entry without official written documented proof of immunization according to the schedule published by the State Health Officer except when there are exemptions as noted in these regulations. Pupils who are exempt from immunizations shall remain in school during an appeal process unless there is a vaccine-preventable disease outbreak as defined by Section 5(c) of this Chapter. “
- DT/DTaP - Five (5) valid doses are required of diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis-containing vaccines. If a fourth (4th) dose of DTaP vaccine was administered on or after a child’s fourth (4th) birthday, and at least six (6) months has passed since the third (3rd) dose, a fifth (5th) dose is not required.
- Tdap - 11 - 12 year old students: One booster dose is required of diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis containing vaccine.
- Polio - Three (3) or four (4) valid doses are required of inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV). Children who receive three (3) doses of IPV before the fourth (4th) birthday should receive a fourth (4th) dose before or at school entry. The fourth (4th) dose is not needed if the third (3rd) dose is given on or after the fourth (4th) birthday.
- MMR - Two (2) valid doses are required of measles/mumps/rubella (MMR) vaccine. The 1st dose must have been on or after their 1st birthday and the 2nd dose at least one month after the first dose.
- Hepatitis B - Three (3) valid doses are required of hepatitis B vaccine.
- Varicella - Two (2) valid doses are required of varicella (or verification by a health care provider of disease after 1 year of age). The 1st dose must have been on or after their 1st birthday and the 2nd dose at least one month after the first dose.
- Rotavirus - Two to three (2-3) valid doses are required of Rotavirus.
- Pneumococcal - Four (4) valid does are required of Pneumococcal.
Please note that valid doses are those given in correct intervals as recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
State of Wyoming - Immunization Exemption Request Forms:
- Information from the CDC (PDF)
Student Health Resources
LCSD1 is pleased to provide the following downloadable and printable health-related resources to encourage a safe and healthy environment for all our learners:
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)