English Language Program
LCSD1 English Language Program
The mission of the LCSD1 English as a Second Language program is to provide and ensure that every student has access to a high quality and rigorous education. We will strive to advocate, serve and assist our English Language Learners in their path to college and career readiness. The ESL staff, educators, parents and community will work with the students to improve their social, linguistic, academic, and/or vocational skills, so that they may become contributing members of society and the global community.
- Deliver EL courses of instruction that is designed to enable English language learners to achieve proficiency in the English language and improve their overall academic and linguistic achievement and proficiency.
- To increase the potential of our EL students in attaining language proficiency and high academic achievement.
- To hold our EL students to high expectations for learning that is differentiated for each student’s language needs and social emotional needs.
- To share the success of our EL students’ with all educators, families, and the community.
- Ensure that EL students and families are provided with consistency in translations and interpretations to bridge for understanding.
To learn more about our program and services for English language learners, please follow the links below to access the LCSD1 English Learner Handbook.
For access to the LCSD1 EL Handbook in another language, or for any other questions, please contact the Assistant Director of Instruction at 307-771-2187.